Friday, August 22, 2014

Sewvivor Sew Along: Quilted Bag!

Another sewvivor sew along post for y'all! Challenge #2 in the round was to make a quilted bag. I haven't made many bags so I was slightly concerned about this one. I was so glad to find Jodi's Hushabye Tote tutorial on Moda bake shop. I made some alterations to it but it's a really great pattern.
This will be a Christmas gift for my grandmother. I have been reassured that even at 81 years old the bling factor will still be perfect!
The bag has six outer pockets and one interior zipper pocket. I love pockets!
 

 
 

The R was hand embroidered and hand beaded. That little element took the longest to complete. I do love the result though! The added sparkle makes me smile.
 
I really love zipper pockets. It's just nice to have someplace a little more secure to stick things. This one has added interfacing to make it super durable for heavier items like a cell phone. Seriously, when I call my grandmother usually she calls me back an hour later with "sorry, my phone was in my purse and I couldn't dig it out in time". Well, no excuse now!
 

This bag is fun and functual just as a bag should be. I hope she loves it when I finally give it to her Christmas morning! Not to mention, I'm feeling pretty good about starting on Christmas in August. Maybe this year I'll get everything on my list completed! (yeah, probably not)

No comments:

Post a Comment