Thursday, January 15, 2015

Welcome 2015!

The end of 2014 left our family recovering from illness and loss.
The little one contracted pertussis in November. Luckily we conquered it quickly and she is finally back to normal. The whole family then ended up with the flu and I am the last to get over it. With any luck I'll be back to 100% by this weekend.
We also lost a family friend to the horrible event of suicide. That's another post, for another day, on another blog. For this blog however, I will add that I finished a quilt top last night that I am very happy I was able to create. After the memorial service I went to our friend's house and collected t-shirts of his to make a quilt for his mom. I hope to get it finished and shipped out this weekend.


 Isn't my assistant just the cutest?!
A few days after he passed I went to his house and got his beloved cat, Cheyenne. She now lives with us. She is about 13 years old and somewhere between 16-18 pounds. She is NOT a fan of the children but she has never seen a kid before. She's a night owl like me so she comes and cuddles with me late at night when it's quiet. I'm enjoying having her here.

I am participating in the Project of Doom Quilt Along this year hosted by Fandom in Stitches! This is a 30 week project that will result in a beautiful Harry Potter inspired bookcase quilt.
We'll be getting back into the swing of school next week. Charlie has been begging to "do school" so hopefully everyone is feeling healthy enough to jump back in. Be looking for new homeschool posts next week!
I hope 2015 will be an amazing year full of joy, peace, and learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment